Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tie A Yellow Ribbon

I got no work today because Cory Aquino, the Philippines' first female president will be buried today.

She (Cory) went thru some coup attempts during 1987-1989.
[sidestory: We experienced that 1st hand, as my family that time were living near/inside
a camp base. Suddenly helicopters and tanks went out. We didn't know what was happening but my playmates and I were waving at them, thinking: cool.
My grandpa would take us under their wing whenever coup attempts arise.
The adults got a disturbed look on their faces. I remember my grandma thought their house might be a target of an attack as well. We were taught where to hide inside the house and were asked to memorized names/places to go to if something unexpected happens. And you thought that was only in anime/telenovelas!]

Pres. Cory managed to control these situations. It must have been hard for her. With no prior experience in politics but only armed with her desire to uplift the democracy and the Filipino people. She has her flaws and did try her best in most
situations. RIP.

Somehow, it irks me how people tend to be reactive and exaggerate things on her death.

On a lighter note, the Manila Comic Con will be this sat-sun. Note me if you're going.

No comments: