Thursday, August 26, 2010

MAJOR, MAJOR blog post in support of Venus Raj

A few days after the Ms. Universe competition. People are still talking how Philippines almost got the crown. Venus Raj, the Philippines' Ms. Universe candidate received a lot of buzz not only for winning the 4th spot but also on how she answered the judge's question.

The judge, William Joseph "Billy" Baldwin asked Venus:
What is one big mistake you’ve made in your life and what did you do to make it right?

And this was Venus' Raj answer:
“In my 22 years of existence, there is nothing major, major problem that I have done in my life. Because I am very confident with my family and the love they are giving to me. So thank you so much.”

Some people concluded that the "major, major" term in Venus' answer made her placed as the 4th runner up. As her fellow kababayan, my support to our Ms. Universe candidate, 4th placer Venus Raj is more overwhelming than her sentence construction. Sure, we didn't get the crown but she still made us proud. The competition happened a day after the tragic Manila Bus Hostage (Aug23) and Venus' friend, Melanie Gersbach got killed in a car accident (Aug21). Imagine the burden and pressure for Venus.

Please remember: "We are the first ones to laugh at ourselves.. Then the rest of the world follows."

Congratulations Venus Raj! ^_^

No comments: