Sunday, February 28, 2010

Banana Chips Night - Can they get Gackt or L'arc En Ciel next year?

"Banana Chips...
Banana chips for you! Banana chips for me! Oh, yeah!"

The Nihongo Fiesta was an epic fun event for me. Aside from getting an exclusive Shonen Knife guitar pick, I got to bond with my friends too!

My schedule got mixed up that day. I couldn't attend DLSU-D's Friends of the Library's Day Out event and TAGcom. :( I got to attend 2 out of the 4 events I was targeting that day.

Thankfully, I managed to get to the Main Mall Atrium of MOA and saw those lovely people doing Japanese street fashion. My good friends, The Chris and Lee, MD got there first. We saw some familiar faces from the Jmusic and cosplay community. We also got to meet friends we haven't heard like for years already! lol.

It was nice to see Visual Kei and Ganguro-inspired fashion. I managed to talk to Contestant #9, Siberian Claw (i hope i got it right ^^;) who also won the said contest. We talked a bit about work and that we graduated with the same course. She has a friend who also joined the competition. I perceived her attire was bohemian ganguro - #18.
#17 and #19 were crowd favorites. Esp 19. There were some girls being pushed by their friends to get close to 19. Ang haharot ng iba sa sobrang kilig.

After The Street Fashion Contest, we stuffed ourselves up then went to San Miguel By The Bay. Bands Duster and Pedicab performed. Thank God, they got bands like these. ^_^ I didn't get bored waiting for SK. I heard people behind us keep on asking (during Pedicab), "si raymund marasigan ba yan?" argh..

Anyway, when the band came out. It was like "OH! SHONEN KNIFE!!! kyaaaaa~~~"
Banana Chips is definitely the most recognizable song in the crowd.
I really enjoy hearing this band live! Even Kurt Cobain got mesmerized by their talent and energy. It was epic when Shonen Knife played their last song with the Filipino bands. Astig!

Just when I thought it was already epic enough. Shonen Knife gave away (I think) 2 guitar picks and I got one of it! I'm so happy. After the concert, our group proceeded to a coffee shop to end the night through catching up at each other's lives.

This year's Nihongo Fiesta was definitely a blast. Can they get Gackt or L'arc En Ciel next year? ^_^

No comments: